COVID-19 Solutions: Prioritizing Safety, Recruitment, and Retention
Prioritizing Patient Safety, Recruitment, and Retention
Almost two years after its initial outbreak, COVID-19 continues to cause numerous problems for sites, sponsors, and patients enrolled in clinical trials. New disease variants are creating an increase in cases, resulting in additional barriers to clinical trial participation. For patients in the rare disease space, these issues further increase the emotional, financial, and logistical challenges they face. The good news is you and your participants do not have to face these challenges alone.
Overcome COVID-19 hurdles with an experienced partner you can trust
Finding the right patient support provider who works diligently with sites and sponsors to ensure participants can remain in their trial is critical to study success. A strong provider partnership will help you develop a flexible strategy that meets your goals while maintaining your study timelines. To support you during times of uncertainty and beyond, we offer the enhanced solutions and strategies below:
Alleviating patient recruitment challenges during COVID-19:
As sites and sponsors shift their current resources, we offer personalized and innovative support solutions to reduce site burden and strategies to retain and engage your patients.
- Support recruitment efforts with customized patient travel and logistics management services
- Leverage payment portals to ensure patient reimbursements are compliant and quick
- Improve communication with site and study-specific engagement plans and strategies
Ensuring patient retention and engagement throughout COVID-19:
Support services enable patients to remain enrolled for the duration of your clinical trial while reducing costs, maintaining accurate data, and meeting trial timelines.
- Cultivate trusted relationships with all trial stakeholders
- Customize one-on-one local patient support throughout the study
- Close and continuous direct patient communication and guidance through multiple channels
- Utilize reminders and travel/duty of care alerts to ensure patients arrive safely at their appointments
Improving patient experiences while navigating obstacles:
As local and federal travel restrictions and regulations change, our team quickly adapts to mitigate challenges during uncertainty.
- In-country travel coordinators navigate fluctuating restrictions and provide customized patient itineraries
- Alternative travel methods are sourced, including ground transportation and chartered flights
- Create partnerships between sponsors and sites to develop solutions in response to travel limitations
- Prioritize individual patient and caregiver needs to improve safety and reduce stress
From the point of enrollment through trial completion, patients are paired with a Clincierge Coordinator local to them who is in their time zone, speaks their language, familiar with local restrictions, understands the nuances of their culture, and most importantly, provides a human touch.